Year in Industry Placement
What is it
The UEA currently offers science students courses that allow them to spend the third year of their degree working in industry. Only students who have demonstrated the highest levels of achievement during the first two years of their degree qualify for the Year in Industry Programme.
Courses offering a Year in Industry include:
- Actuarial Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Computing Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Natural Sciences
How does it work?
- A student joins the company pay roll for at least 30 weeks (there is some flexibility).
- Arrangements take place between September and June with placements starting during the summer (exact arrangements are flexible)
- a student is supported by a mentor from the university, and a supervisor nominated from within the company.
The University will provide a site visit to monitor the students' progress.
What are the benefits?
- Students gain valuable experience of science in the workplace
- Placements can help a company to enhance and influence their future workforce.
- The Year in Industry programme provides a pool of experienced science graduates from which to recruit, and companies often offer students employment after graduation.
- Industry benefits from students coming from a strong research environment, with an ethos of research-led teaching.
Please contact us with details of your opportunity or call 01603 593276 to discuss further.